Marker Photo
Old SR 2
Indiana Highway Ends Logo

Google Map of Old SR 2

Old State Road 2

Old SR 2 was one of the original Main Market Highways designated by the state highway commission in 1917. When created, it followed the path of the Lincoln Highway - going from northwest Indiana to South Bend, Elkhart, and Fort Wayne. When created on June 1, 1917, it was described as "the road beginning at the Indiana and Illinois state line, extending thence easterly through Dyer, Schererville, Merrilville, Deepriver, Valparaiso, Westville, LaPorte, New Carlisle, South Bend, Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Dunlap, Goshen, Ligonier, Limmel, Wolf Lake, Churubusco and Fort Wayne to the Indiana and Ohio State line".

In the 1920s, the path changed to coincide much more with the current routing of US 30. In 1926, this route became US 30.
 
Section: Illinois State Line - Dyer < 0 miles > Ohio State Line -
 


Cities Served: Columbia City, Dunlap, Dyer, Fort Wayne, Merrillville, New Haven, Plymouth, South Bend, Warsaw
Counties Served: Allen, Kosciusko, Lake, Laporte, Marshall, Porter, Whitley
INDOT County Flow Maps (AADT): Allen, Kosciusko, Lake, Laporte, Marshall, Porter, Whitley
Related Highway: US 30
Status: Decommissioned
Scanned maps:Map icon » Old SR 2 map - western half
» Old SR 2 map - eastern half



Full Route

Cities Served:
Counties Served:
Status:Decommissioned
 
 
The eastern terminus of Old SR 2 has not been photographed for this site. Any and all photos are welcome, along with descriptions.
The western terminus of Old SR 2 has not been photographed for this site. Any and all photos are welcome, along with descriptions.

  Other Photographs:
Thumbnail image
An old section of the Lincoln Highway - part of the original SR 2 in 1917 and 1918 into the early 1920s

Site Home | Indiana Highway Ends Home |    Old SR 1 | Old SR 3